Description: Brake Fluid (DOT 4/ 3) is a premium quality Brake and Clutch Fluid With a Minimum Boiling point of 230°C [446°F], Exceeding SAE J1703 and United States Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard Nr.116 DOT 3 and DOT 4 and ISO 4925 specifications.
Performance, Features & Benefits:
- MGOIL Brake Fluid DOT 4/ 3 is a premium glycol type automotive brake fluid. It is recommended for use in hydraulic disc and drum brake systems requiring a fluid which meets the DOT 4 performance standards.
- MGOIL Brake Fluid DOT 4/ 3 has a high Equilibrium Reflux Boiling This reduces
the chance of vapor lock. The brake fluid forms an essential component in the
braking system of a car. In service, the brake fluid absorbs moisture which causes
a significant reduction in the boiling point of the brake fluid, with a consequent risk
of vapor lock. Thanks to its higher boiling point, MGOIL Brake Fluid DOT 4/ 3 offers
additional safety margin against water pick up.
- is compatible with all the materials in the brake
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations:
- SAE J1704
- Fmvss 116 DOT 3 and DOT 4 For a Full Listing of Equipment Approvals and Recommendations, Please Consult Your Technical Help Desk, or the OEM Approvals
Compatibility & Miscibility:
- MGOIL Brake Fluids are Completely Miscible With one another and are Compatible with Other Approved DOT Glycol Ether and Borate Ester Brake
They Must not be Mixed with Silicone Ester Type Brake Fluids.
|Properties||Method||Brake Fluid DOT 4/ 3|
|Equilibrium Reflux Boiling Point (Erbp)||°C||FMVSS 116 5.1.1||272|
|Wet Erbp||°C||FMVSS 116 5.1.2||162|
|Viscosity||@-40°C||mm²/ s||FMVSS 116 5.1.3||770|
|Viscosity||@100°C||mm²/ s||FMVSS 116 5.1.3||2.2|
|pH (50% Aqueous Solution)||FMVSS 116 5.1.4||8|
These characteristics are typical of current production. Whilst future production
will conform to specification, variations in these characteristics may occur.
Health & Safety Environment
MGOIL Brake Fluid (DOT 4) is Unlikely to Present any Significant Health or Safety Hazard When Properly Used in the Recommended Application and Good Standards of Personal Hygiene are Maintained.
Avoid Contact With Skin. Use Impervious Gloves With Used oil. After Skin Contact, Wash Immediately With Soap and Water.
Guidance on Health and Safety is Available on the Appropriate Material Safety Data Sheet, Which can be Obtained From Representative.